Date: Monday, December 5, 2016
Time: 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Location: Razzis Pizzeria 8523 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle WA 98103
|Art & Jude Moss||ASQ|
- Introductions & Updates on Member Societies Events: All
- Attendance was smaller, probably because of the weather
- Approval of Agenda: All
- Agenda was cut a bit because of the attendance.
- Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes: All
- Approved with an adjustment to Mark Powers’ society affiliation
- Treasurer’s Report: Julie Bennett (SWE)
- The tax status issue has not been resolved yet. Louie identified a tax attorney but Julie decided that it wouldn’t be necessary if we did not make the status retroactive but rather just re-applied. Julie and Chris will work on filling out the forms.
- The dues emails have been sent or are in the process.
- A check went out for the Web hosting but no other checks this month.
- Website Updates: Stan Dyck (IEEE)
- No big updates this month
- Chris pointed out that we may not post photos of minors without written permission from their guardians.
- K-12 STEM: Mark Powers (IISE)
- This was deferred since Mark was not in attendance.
- Engineering Fair: Chris Roberdeau (AIAA)
- The booths email has gone out. Reminders will go out in another week or so. Beth is continuing to help Chris.
- UW Advantage group has signed up for a booth. If you know anyone who would potentially want to get a booth, please forward their information to Chris or Beth.
- The popsicle stick bridge competition is potentially being moved closer to the rest of the activity which should improve the traffic.
- Chris hopes to get possibly a commercial aircraft in the parking lot this year and perhaps a distinguished guest (though that is more likely to happen next year)
- Hoping for a better year than last year (which was already the best year ever)
- Banquet: Sam Gheesling (ASME)
- A speaker is booked. Sam will post the announcement.
- There was some discussion about possibly changing the photographer this year. We have used the Seattle Met photographers in the past. John and Katie agreed to attempt to line up a bid by the 10th of December. The PSEC officers will make a decision after the 10th.
- The eventbrite site still needs to be set up. Luis and Sam are handling it.
- Awards: John Schaufelberger (WSPE)
- A nomination has been submitted!
- The deadline is still the 16th of December.
- Mentor Nights: Jason Salazar (ASME)
- Jason was not in attendance. There has been no resolution on the schedule for the Spring events but is is being worked.
- A couple of new coordinators are being brought in and trained.
- Open Discussion: All
- Art reported that the AmCon event will be held April 11th-12 in Bellevue. A motion was passed to authorize up to $400 for expenses.
- Steve talked a bit about broadcasting volunteer opportunities. Stan pointed out that there is a page on the website for this that is being underutilized. If you are looking to get volunteers for something, consider using that site. Simply write a post and assign it to the Volunteer Opportunities category. It will automatically appear on that page.
- Action Items from Previous and this Meeting Review: All
- See the list below
- Create Student Banquet presentation [Mark]
- Need someone to set up banquet eventbrite [Luis/Sam]
- ISOW co-chair is needed. Please ask college reps [All]
- Look into getting a new Outreach Coordinator [Chris/Dave]
- Look at pro photographers (6-10pm) [John/Katie]
- Work with existing coordinators to finalize Mentor Night dates [Jason]