- Young Engineer of the Year, 2020
Bobbie Gilmour, Kennedy Jenks, has been selected as the recipient of the 2020 Young Engineer of the Year Award in recognition of her work as a staff engineer involved in the design and construction of water and wastewater treatment, pumping, and pipeline projects and her outstanding service in multiple leadership positions in the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Younger Member’s Forum.
One of her most notable projects was the Chambers Creek Regional Wastewater Treatment and Plant Expansion and Upgrade Project in Pierce County, Washington. She was the site inspector, construction observer, and field engineer on the $350 million project. Other projects on which she has worked include: the Bluffs Well Replacement for Clallam County Public Utilities District No. 1 in Washington; the Lyden Water Treatment Plant for the City of Lyden, Washington; the Tahalweh Wastewater Treatment Plant in Bonney Lake, Washington; and the Kealakehe Wastewater Treatment Plant Modifications Aeration Upgrade and Sludge Removal in Kona, Hawaii.
She has been very active in the ASCE Younger Member’s Forum serving as president-elect, treasurer, co-coordinator of the annual Popsicle Stick Bridge Competition, and the Executive Forum Coordinator. The Executive Forum is an annual event that provides students and young engineers with an opportunity to meet prominent leaders from public agencies, consulting firms and construction companies. In addition, she provides guidance to engineering students as the Practitioner Advisor to the Seattle University ASCE Student Chapter and serves as an author of the drinking water section of the ASCE Washington State Infrastructure Report Card.Continue reading →
- The nominee must be under 35 years of age, between three and six years past the date of graduation, with a baccalaureate degree in Engineering, and must be a member of one of the Puget Sound Engineering Council member societies.
- The nominee should show professional society participation such as serving as a committee member or officer, or providing support at society meetings or conferences.
- The nominee should show progress in professional experience and attainments, and show progress towards or show registration as a professional engineer.
- 2019 – Abdur Rehman, P. E., Puget Sound Energy
- 2018 – Grace Lefebure, The Boeing Company
- 2017 – Don Nguyen, P.E, COWI North America
- 2016 – Kimberly Hinson, The Boeing Company
- 2015 – Cal Bearman, PE – Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates
- 2014 – Courtney Davis, P.E. – KPFF Consulting Engineers
- 2013 – Zohrah Saidy, P. E. – HDR Engineering
- 2012 – Kimberly Hicks -The Boeing Company
- 2011 – Danielle Vardaro – The Boeing Company
- 2010 – Melissa Wu, P.E. – CH2M HILL
- 2009 – Kelly Griswold – The Boeing Company
- 2008 – Eric S. Herzstein, P.E. – Parsons Transportation Group
- 2007 – Erin Fletcher, P.E. – HDR Engineering
- 2006 – Doug Knapp EIT – US Army Corps of Engineers
- 2005 – Mary Holland PE – Rose Water Engr. and Jenna McGrath, PE – Puget Sound Naval Shipyard
- 2004 – Cheryl Burwell PE – Magnusson Klemensic
- 2003 – Ann Eppler PE – Hammond Collier Wade
- 2002 – Brook A. Maples PE – KPFF
- 2001 – James McSpadden Ph.D. – The Boeing Company
- 2000 – Robb A. Dibble EIT – DCI Engineers
- 1999 – Scot Bartkoske PE – ELCON Associates
- 1997 – Nancy H. Devine PE – Anne Symonds & Assoc.
- 1996 – Douglas E. Chapelle – The Boeing Company