- Introductions and updates:
Greg Brown IIE: Conference in Nashville. Nominations has found a candidate for president-elect.
Dave IEEE: Decomposition of Natural Systems @ Microsoft campus.
John WSPE will meet in Sept.
Paul ASCE: 6/10 Projects awards @ Executive Inn
Art ASQ: meets very 2nd Thursday. “Digging into the Ram model”
Tricia APWA: June board mtg
- Quorum established. 11 of 19 member societies in good standing.
- Agenda approved
- Treasurer’s report: One transaction to rewrite cheque; no impact. Underspent by ~$4500, balance increased from prior year.
- Mentor Nights: Bellevue college 15 mentors, ~40 students. Plenty of food. Discussed ideas to improve attendance.
- Bylaws update: Sent out beginning 2 months ago. Paul made a motion to accept bylaws. Sam seconded. Unanimous vote to accept; 29 votes.
- ISOW report: 28 officers, 17 societies. Dave B and Carmen will lead the 2016 ISOW. Details of the workshop were posted to website.
- New PSEC website is live. Removed self-registration to minimize spam. Stan will plan to explore and evaluate alternatives so in future registration will be easy.
- APWA briefing from Tricia: APWA is broader than engineering, e.g. includes maintenance. Activities include Mariners Games and WA state standards. SWE briefing from Colleen: SWE PNW is 60 years old. When founded <1% of engineers were women. Now ~30,000 in >400 sections (professional, students, and activities beginning at or before kindergarten). Only 18% of undergraduate engineering students and 19% of graduates.
- Year in review from Leon: introduced STEM teacher of the year award.
June 1st, 2015 Meeting Minutes
Published: September 8, 2015
by Colleen McClure