6 May 2024

PSEC Webex

Started at 6:04 pm


Luis Leon   ASM

Sam Gheesling     ASME

Andrew Gall   SME

John Schaufellberger  WSPE

George Bondor     SAE

Kaz   IISE

Mike Visser   SEAW

Steph Fernandez.          SHPE

Andreina Vivas Thomas.   SHPE

Bryan Zapata     SHPE

Tiffany Tang   SWE

Approval of Mar  Meeting Minutes

Minutes approved, Sam 1st, John 2nd

Around the Room

AIAA:   Patrick, Report ?

ASMI:       (American Society of Materials International:  Luis, 14 May Blue Origin tour. 

SAMPE:  Tiffany, Blue Origin in June or Sawbones tour, SAMPE conference in Long Beach

WSPE:    John, no scheduled meetings at this time

ASME:     Sam, Georgetown Steam Pant11 May , Boeing 3D printing rescheduled (12 people) June 4th

ASCE:     Paul, update needed

ASHRAE: Kathi, update needed

SME:        Andrew, no update

SAE:        George,  1:00 pm Saturday May 11th Georgetown Steam plant tour

INCOSE:  Paul van Tulder, no update

IEEE:        Dave, No update

IISE:         Kaz, Scratch distillery in Edmonds, National Conferenced in Montreal, May 19-21st

SWE:          Tiffany,Elementary School outreach, Banquet end of month, Pickle Ball in June, Mariner game later in summer

SEAW:     Mike, May 30th meeting, roundtable, structural engineering past present and future.

SHPE          Steph Fernandez director for external connections, board meetings every other Monday, board elections coming, Andreina is the President

reps@pseconline.org is our distribution list

Treasurers Report

Dave out of town. Will report later

Engineering 2024 Banquet

·         80 people,

·         Fun event

.         April/May next year. Group unanimously agreed that the later calendar date works well. Need to carefully thread the needle on the date to avoid conflicts

.          For many reasons need to get speaker sooner

·         Name tag Snanfu – Andrew

·         Catering bill $10,700

·         Income $6400

·         Plaques and other $500

·         Programs $190

·         Speaker Gift $80

·         Sam working to get Boeing sponsorship  for 2025     

·         Raised Price $100 single, $120 Late, $900 table, $1200 table late (late is after April 21st)

.          Advertising, selling tables et cetera

·         Banquet photos coming soon, Andrew to get from Matthew and will share with Dave for drop box

 ·         Have official menus, only a $5 increase, we will go with the same food options as last year (McCormick and Schmicks)

.          Dave will work up a better summation on costs

·         Set date for 2025

Mentor nights

Green River – Luis – moving to fall

North Seattle College – Andrew, cancelled next year (fall)

Shoreline   – Andrew, reached out, need new contact

Edmonds – Next year,  Tiffany sent out follow-up email

Tacoma Community College – Luis/Kaz, they are going to join at Highline missed Andean Farella (sp)

WSU – Everett –  Tiffany, made contact, sent info, we can set up a meeting if necessary, Dave also has a contact.  Tiffanie’s contacts (Orego, Camille” <camille.orego@wsu.edu>, “McGinn, Matt” <matthew.r.mcginn@wsu.edu>)


.   John reserved the same location, date is Saturday June 1st.

·         10:30 – 2:00 at UW Sand Point

. Andrew to purchase lunches

.   Possible agenda items

·         Intro who you are, what are your best practices and biggest challenges?

·         Recruiting

·         Best Practices advisory boards at Universities

. IISE is on advisory boards

·         Converting from Student into professional organizations

.  ASCE Young engineering group, Mr. Kasper to talk young engineers

.   How do we bolster the on campus support

·         Why should a young member join a professional organization?

 ·         Sharing calendars, what are the needs of each society

·         Low Cost High Reward Events

·         More joint events


We need volunteers on our board

This year’s PSEC Officers slate is:

Past President: Kathy Shoemake

President:  Andrew Gall

Treasurer: David Butcher

Secretary:  George Bondor

Still looking for 

President Elect

Need a webmaster

Need Engineering Fair chair

K-12 Activities Chair

Meeting ended at 7:09 pm

Next meeting 10 Jun 2024 to avoid ISOW and Board Mtg too close to each other