I haven’t done one of these in some time but since I won’t be able to attend the February meeting I will post my report here. There was quite a few changes over the last month.
- Thanks to the help of Carmen Cejudo I was able to add the ASHRAE events calendar to our site’s Events Calendar. I wrote up a post that demonstrates it. If you would like to have your society’s calendar displayed I encourage you to put me in touch with whoever handles your website. Carmen and I were able to get their calendar in place in less than an hour.
- I added posts for each of 2018 award recipients on the website. On that page there is a link to the general announcement as well as links to each of the individual award recipients. I pushed out announcements for each recipient to Facebook and Twitter over the week of January 28th. Thanks to John Schaufelberger for getting the bios and photos together for me.
- I put up Luis Leon’s post announcing the Seattle Central mentor night on January 25th. I would encourage someone who was there to post a report on it for the website. Reports from the Banquet and the Engineering Fair would also be welcome!
- I also added the North Seattle Mentor Night to the calendar for March 1st.
- I updated the PSEC Background page‘s Past Presidents section to include links to obituaries for Milt Tiede and Don Northey. When Don Goehler died we created an In Memoriam post for him so I thought we should at least link to other past presidents who have passed. If there are others on that list that you think should be added let me know.