Date: Monday, April 3, 2017
Time: 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Location: Razzis Pizzeria 8523 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle WA 98103
Next Meeting:  Monday May 1, 2017


Stan Dyck IEEE
Louie LeFevre SAME
Art & Jude Moss ASQ
Kathi Shoemake ASHRE
John Schaufelberger WSPE-SEA
Sam Gheesling ASME-WWS
George Bondor SAE
Charles Beard AIAA
Luis Leon ASMI
Katie Elliott SWE
John Osborne SAMPE
Jason Salazar PSEC Volunteer


  1. Introductions & Updates on Member Societies’ EventsAll
    • See attendance. Stan ran the meeting in the absence of Dave and Chris
  2. Approval of AgendaAll
    • Approved noting the absence of some of the agenda item people.
  3. Approval of Prior Meeting MinutesAll
    • Approved as written
  4. Treasurer’s ReportJulie Bennett (SWE)
    • Julie was not in attendance. Stan agreed to ask for a written report.
  5. By-Laws Update: Julie Bennett (SWE)
    • The IRS requirements may necessitate a bylaws change. Julie has the details.
    • John agreed to contact Julie to contact Julie. Sam and Luis will help draft the changes necessary.
  6. Website UpdatesStan Dyck (IEEE)
    • Stan added links to Facebook and Twitter pages on front page of PSEC website.
    • Banquet photos are available for purchase on website
    • Stan will add more photos from the banquet on the banquet page.
  7. K-12 STEM: Dave Butcher (IEEE)
    • Dave was not in attendance. This will be discussed at the ISOW.
  8. Engineering Fair Retrospective: Chris Roberdeau (AIAA)
    • Chris not in attendance.
  9. BanquetSam Gheesling (ASME)
    • Photos were uploaded to dropbox
    • All bills are paid
    • The Museum of Flight has penciled us in for next year
  10. Awards: John Schaufelberger (WSPE)
    • Nothing new on this.
  11. ISOW: Kathi Shoemake (ASHRAE)
    • There will be three topics for discussion: Programs, Social Media, and Getting Volunteers. They will be headed up by Same, Kathi, and Dave.
  12. Mentor NightsJason Salazar (PSEC)
    • Events are coming up in April and May.
    • Bellevue needs help for their afternoon event.
    • Highline also could use some more volunteer help
    • Steve is still looking for a coordinator for next year’s Shorline event
  13. Discuss Tri-fold design: Stan Dyck (IEEE)
    • The officers photo on the tri-fold needs to be updated
    • John suggested that it be brought to the ISOW and a sidebar session can be held to do the necessary changes.
  14. Open DiscussionAll
    • Art is still looking for volunteers for the Amcon Event
  15. Action Items from Previous and this Meeting ReviewAll
    • See below

Action Items

  • Look into getting a new Outreach Coordinator [Chris/Dave]
  • Ask for volunteers for k-12 STEM coordinator
  • Send out AmCon invite to society members [all]
  • Ask Julie about bylaws changes [John]
  • Add some banquet photos to website [Stan]
  • Add ISOW announcement to website [Kathi]
  • Get treasurers report from Julie [Stan]