Meeting Minutes

Date: Monday, November 7, 2016
Time: 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Location: Razzis Pizzeria 8523 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle WA 98103


Stan Dyck IEEE
Chris Roberdeau AIAA
Dave Butcher IEEE
Neal Jacques WSPE
Julie Bennett SWE
John Schaufelberger WSPE-SEA
Sam Gheesling ASME-WWS
Jason Salazar PSEC
Katie Elliott SWE
Monica F. Manthey SAME
Jim Konigsfeld PNSW-AWWA
Art & Jude Moss ASQ
Mark Powers IISE and SME
Luis Leon ASMI
Louie LeFevre SAME
Steve Snelling IISE

Meeting Agenda

  1. Introductions & Updates on Member Societies’ Events: All
    • Attendance list is above
  2. Approval of Agenda: All
    • Agenda was approved with no modifications
  3. Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes: All
    • Minutes were approved as written
  4. SAME: Louie LaFevre and Monica Manthey (SAME)
    • Monica gave a SAME presentation. Louie will be the PSEC representative for SAME this year.
  5. Treasurer’s Report: Julie Bennett (SWE)
    • Dues requests are going out. Due date is December 15
    • 2 banquet checks have gone out. A check is also due for the SPU mentor night
    • The tax status for the organization was not renewed in 2012 and needs to be reacquired. It is likely that we will have to hire a professional to handle it.
  6. Website Updates: Stan Dyck (IEEE)
    • Stan updated the Banquet Awards Page(s) and demonstrated how the posting system works. It is written up here.
    • The website is still due for a software update.
  7. K-12 STEM: Mark Powers (IISE)
    • No report
  8. Engineering Fair: Chris Roberdeau (AIAA)
    • Chris will be handing off duties for the Fair to Beth next year. She will be shadowing this year to learn the ropes.
    • Things are on track. Chris will be creating an eventbrite event for booth registration soon.
  9. Banquet: Sam Gheesling (ASME)
    • A speaker has been booked.
    • An eventbrite event is still needed. Sam is looking for someone to take care of that.
  10. Awards: John Schaufelberger (WSPE)
    • Nominations were solicited. They are due on December 15 by 5 pm.
  11. Mentor Nights: Jason Salazar (ASME)
    • The SPU event went well. There were around 43 mentors in attendance (the most ever). There will be no event at Seattle U this year but they are interested in holding one next year.
    • Jason is looking to have more events in Fall since we tend to have more in the Spring but it is difficult to schedule Fall events because of the school calendars are tighter. It would help to start planning a bit earlier.
    • Jason is looking to coordinate with the SWE and their mentoring events.
    • We are always looking for volunteer coordinators
    • Steve is looking for help with coordinating the Shoreline event.
  12. ISOW: Dave Butcher (IEEE)
    • Dave is looking for a co-coordinator for the event. It was suggested that a Young Member Forum person might be a good place to look. Dave will look into this.
  13. Open Discussion: All
    • Art reported that the ASQ elections are this week.
  14. Action Items from Previous and this Meeting Review: All
    • See action items below

Action Items

  • Send website hosting bill to Julie [stan]
  • Create Student Banquet presentation [Mark]
  •  Need someone to set up banquet eventbrite [Luis/Sam]
  • ISOW co-chair is needed. Please ask college reps [All]