Date: Monday, June 06
Time: 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Location: Razzis Pizzeria 8523 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle WA 98103
|Art & Jude Moss||ASQ|
- Introductions & Updates on Member Societies Events: All
- See attendance above
- Approval of Agenda: All
- Approved with no changes
- Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes: All
- Approved (Motion by John, Second by Dave)
- Treasurer’s Report: Chris Roberdeau (AIAA)
- The missing checks reported at last meeting were located. The issue is closed.
- We are $879 ahead for the year
- The first First Robotics budget has been lowere as we have not had as much involvement without Kalan.
- Chris will meet with Julie to hand off the treasurer duties.
- Website Updates: Stan Dyck (IEEE)
- There will need to be a site software update. It’ll get done in June.
- ISOW: Dave Butcher (IEEE)
- Dave took care of the catering this year
- Dave thanked Paul and Cathy for leading and John for providing the meeting space.
- The smaller groups format seemed to go better than a single large group. It might be nice to have third room as well.
- It was agreed that Spring is a good time to hold this event. John agreed to check availability for next year.
- The notes are in Dropbox. Dave agreed to post them to the website.
- Nominations Committee: Luis Leon (ASMI)
- The nomination slate is set:
- Dave B. – President
- Chris R – Vice President
- Stan D – Secretary
- Julie B – Treasurer
- The nominations are approved
- The nomination slate is set:
- Mentor Nights: Jason Salazar (ASME)
- The year went well. There were 8 events this year
- This was the first year with a Web presence. Jason will make some changes for next year.
- Jason thanked all coordinators
- Jason place a lot of resources in the dropbox account.
- The Bellevue lunch event had about the right number of mentors. Jason would like to see this event happen again next year.
- Jason thought it would be good to have more events earlier, perhaps split the SU/SPU events.
- Everett College is a possibility for next year
- The Shoreline event on May 12 had 20 mentors and 30 students. 12 students were high school level. Steve got good feedback. He is also looking for a coordinator for next year.
- Workshop on Bridge Design: Sheree Wen (IEEE)
- Sheree is from Medina. She talked about the noise issue residents are having with the new 520 bridge and asked the PSEC for possible solutions for the problem.
- It was suggested that she needed to get WSDOT involved as they would have to do the assessment and make the decisions as to whether solutions were necessary. It was also suggested that the Medina residents might want to consult an attorney.
- The Year in Review: Sam Gheesling (ASME)
- Sam presented a year in review document
- Regarding the Banquet/Awards it was suggested that the STEM award should be pushed next year.
- The meeting venue (Razzi’s) got good marks and the Council would like to use it again next year.
- Open Discussion: All
- Chris noted that the AIAA awards banquet will be on June 22nd. The speaker is Mark Lewis who is the Air Force Chief Scientist
- Mark presented a charter document for a possible Students Banquet modeled on the one put on in Portland. This will be a topic of discussion for next year.
- Action Items from Previous and this Meeting Review: All
- All action items were closed out with the exception of the two listed below.
- Swearing in New PSEC Officers: John Schaufelberger (WSPE)
- New officers were sworn in and a photo was taken.
- Need a post for the Awards Banquet [Luis]
- Memorial post for Don Goehler needs to be proofed [Stan/Luis]