February 1, 2016 Meeting Minutes

Published: February 3, 2016
by Dave

Meeting Minutes

Date: Monday, February, 2016
Time: 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Location: Razzis Pizzeria 8523 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle WA 98103


Stan Dyck IEEE
John Schaufelberger WSPE
Luis Leon ASMI
Chris Roberdeau AIAA
George Boudor SAE
Yoora Byeon ASHRAE
Sam Gheesling ASME
Art Moss ASQ
Tara Olsen APWA
Julie Bennett SWE
Paul Grant ASCE
Jason Salazar ASME
Mark Powers IIE

Meeting Agenda


  1. Introductions & Updates on Member Societies’ Events: All
    • See attendance above
  2. Approval of Agenda: All
    • Agenda approved
  3. Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes:All
    • January minutes approved. Motion by John, second by Luis
  4. Treasurer’s Report : Chris Roberdeau (AIAA)
    • We are looking good on the budget
    • Everyone has paid dues except ASQ
    • We are in the black but most of the expenses will come this month
  5. Website Updates Stan Dyck (IEEE)
    • See linked report
    • There was discussion on several changes for the web site. Stan suggested and agreed to initiate a website sub-committee to make design decisions for the site going forward. He will solicit volunteers soon.
  6. Awards Committee Report: John Schaufelberger ( WSPE)
    • Awards decisions have been announced and put on the website.
    • We are still lacking a photo for the Professional award recipient. It should be coming soon.
    • The plaques have arrived.
    • Dave Butcher has the bios and all the information for the programs
    • Recipients have been informed of the time limits for their addresses and those of their introductions.
  7. Banquet Report: Luis Leon (ASMI)
    • We expect somewhere in the neighborhood of 90 people attending.
    • The price for a ticket goes up to $70 on February 2nd.
    • A table is still $500 up until the deadline on the 8th.
    • John will create the meal tickets to be handed out as guests receive their badges.
    • Stan asked that the attendance list be provided as soon as possible so the badges can be created.
  8. Engineer’s Fair Committee: Chris Roberdeau (AIAA)
    • Fair is set for this Saturday 10AM-4PM
    • Chris reports 30 booths (out of 32 available) have been accounted for. There will be lots of student groups.
    • It looks like there will not be a plane greeting visitors in the parking lot this year.
  9. Mentor Nights: Jason Salazar (ASME)
    1. Future Mentor Nights: Jason Salazar (ASME)
      • North Seattle is on for March 1st. An email will go out on the 1st.
      • Highline is on for April 19th
      • Everett has planned their own event for the 8th of April. PSEC is invited to come and participate.
      • We are in communication with Bellevue College for an event, probably during lunchtime
      • Steve is still working with Shoreline College for an event possibly in May
      • Jason still is looking for Mentor Coordinators for this year and next year.
      • Luis talked with Elaine Short of UW Bothell about an event there next year. Paul agreed to help take that on.
    2. Seattle Central College Mentor Night: Luis Leon (ASMI)
      • Around 100 participants this year with a 78/24 student/mentor ratio.
      • The setup was different this year than last year. Luis will evaluate whether the change worked in deciding how to set it up next year.
      • PSEC money was available to the college to cover costs, but they did not ask for any.
  10. AMCon: Art Moss (ASQ)
    • Art requested that societies sign up for the event. Attendance is not necessary. Parking is free.
    • Jason agreed to volunteer and the PSEC booth.
    • The Council agreed to disburse $50 to pay for electricity at the PSEC booth.
  11. Events Calendar for 2015-2016: Sam Gheesling (ASME)
  12. Open Discussion: All
    • Steve sent out an announcement about the Future Cities results
  13. Action Items from Previous and this Meeting ReviewAll
    • See the list below

Action Items

  • If your society has a brochure that can be in the AmCon booth, get copies to Art [Everyone]
  • Send out email to mentor volunteers [Jason]
  • Check Societies Page to make sure it is correct [All]
  • Fix publish date on Awards Pages [Stan]
  • Set up website design committee [Stan]
  • Spruce up front page [Luis/Jason]
  • Bring camera for officer photo [Jason]

Leave a Reply