January 4, 2016 Meeting Minutes

Published: January 11, 2016
by Dave

Meeting Minutes

Date: Monday, January 4, 2016
Time: 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Location: Razzis Pizzeria 8523 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle WA 98103


Stan Dyck IEEE
John Schaufelberger WSPE
Luis Leon ASMI
Chris Roberdeau AIAA
Dave Butcher IEEE
George Boudor SAE
Sam Gheesling ASME
Steve Snelling IIE
Elaine Reeves SWE
Arthur Moss ASQ
Paul Grant ASCE
Jason Salazar ASME

Meeting Agenda

  1. Introductions & Updates on Member Societies’ Events: All
    • See list above
  2. Approval of Agenda: All
    • Agenda approved
  3. Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes: All
    • Approved. Motion by John, second by Luis
  4. Treasurer’s Report : Chris Roberdeau (AIAA)
    • No transactions this month, a few deposits
    • Dues email has been sent out
  5. Website Updates: Stan Dyck (IEEE)
    • See report linked above
  6. Banquet Report: Luis Leon (ASMI)
    • The menu options have changed (top sirloin instead of prime rib) which has changed the costs. The current ticket price will remain at $55 per person. It will go up to $65 on February 1 and to $70 on the night of the banquet. Table cost will be $500
    • Jason agreed to run the Eventbrite site for the banquet with Luis’ help.
    • Stan agreed to do the badges
    • John reported that the nomination period was closed and the Awards committee will meet to determine the award recipients. The announcement will be made soon.
  7. Engineer’s Fair Committee: Chris Roberdeau (AIAA)
    • 11 booths have been registered so far. Chris estimates that a lot more will sign up soon. There is no deadline, but Chris would appreciate sooner rather than later.
    • The Museum of Flight is advertising the event and Chris has been reaching out to local teachers. He also attended a Boy Scout roundtable event. There is another such event on the 14th of January but he will not be able to make it. Contact him if you are able to go
    • The PSEC booth needs volunteers. Contact Chris.
  8. Mentor Nights: Jason Salazar (ASME)
    1. Future Mentor Nights: Jason Salazar (ASME)
      • Steve reported that Shoreline is trying to pull an event together for March but no definitive word yet.
    2. Seattle Central College Mentor Night: Luis Leon (ASMI)
      • 13 mentors are registered so far
  9. AMCon: Art Moss (ASQ)
    • Art presented a slide show from last year’s AmCon event. He asked for member societies to supply handout materials for the PSEC booth.
    • Steve volunteered to create a general handout covering all the PSEC societies.
  10. Events Calendar for 2015-2016: Sam Gheesling (ASME)
    • The ISOW event has been moved to the 7th of May as John will be out of town on the 14th.
  11. Open Discussion: All
    • Steve reported that the Future Cities competition is in need of judges. He sent an email out the PSEC mail list.
  12. Action Items from Previous and this Meeting Review: All
    • See list below

Action Items

  • Edit eventbrite page for banquet reflecting price and menu changes [Jason]
  • Send out email to volunteers for January Seattle Central Mentor Night event [Luis]
  • If your society has a brochure that can be in the AmCon booth, get copies to Art [Everyone]
  • Send out email to mentor volunteers [Jason]
  • Talk to society about helping out with Mentor Nights [PSEC Reps]
  • Check Societies Page to make sure it is correct [All]
  • Schedule updates for the various focals
    • Highline College Mentor Night [Luis]
    • Bellevue College Mentor Night [Dave]
  • Send bios of banquet speaker and paragraph about topic to banquet committee (and Stan) [Luis]

Leave a Reply