September 15, 2015 Meeting Minutes

Published: September 21, 2015
by Dave

Meeting Minutes

Date: Tuesday, September 15, 2015
Time: 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Location: Razzis Pizzeria 8523 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle WA 98103


Name Society Affiliation
 Jason Salazar  ASME
 Dave Butcher  IEEE
 John Schaufelberger  WSPE-SEA
 Steve Marth SME
 Art Moss ASQ
 Steve Snelling  IIE
 Sam Gheesling  ASME
 Neal Jacques  WSPE-Mt Rainier
 Tara Olsen  APWA
 Joe Souther SAME
 Stan Dyck  IEEE

Meeting Agenda

  1. Introductions & Updates on Member Societies’ Events: All
    • I did not record event announcements. If you would like to get your announcements out, I’d suggest you talk to me about getting them put up on the web site.
    • Neal announced that the WSPE-Mt. Rainier chapter is re-joining the PSEC
  2. Welcome New Members: Sam Gheesling (ASME)
    • Sam welcomed everybody for the new program year.
  3. Approval of Agenda: All
    • Agenda was approved. Motion by Joe, seconded by Steve
  4. Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes: All
    • Previous minutes approved. Motion by John, seconded by Joe
  5. Treasurer’s Report : Chris Roberdeau (AIAA)
    • Chris could not attend. Dave presented in his place.
    • The proposed budget presented was the same as last year’s.
    • We spent $3000 less last year than the previous year
    • No dues were received last year from ASQ, AWS, SAMPE and WSPE-Mt. Rainier
    • Proposed budget was approved. Motion by John, seconded by Sam
  6. Website Updates: Stan Dyck (IEEE)
    • See the webmaster report linked above.
    • It was agreed that we will create a Societies page with a single page containing local and national links for the various societies. Jason will work on it. Stan will help.
    • Some action items for the website were identified. See below.
  7. Committee Chairs: Sam Gheesling (ASME)
    • Dave and Carmen will handle the ISOW this year
    • Tara and Tricia volunteered to begin the Awards Banquet speaker search
    • Dave will take care of the Awards Banquet catering
    • John will fill out the Awards Committee
  8. Mentor Nights: Jason Salazar (ASME)
    • Jason is looking for volunteers to help with Mentor Nights as event coordinators and as mentors.
    • Jason announced that he created a new PSEC Eventbrite online form to register those Mentor Night Volunteers who want to receive invitations to all mentor events PSEC supports locally, with positive feedback from other Mentor Night Coordinators in attendance. Also created was a Mentor Night Event Template that included updated volunteer registration to use this year.
    • The Mentor Night Committee met last year. We are trying to get more of the colleges to host their own Mentor Night events in the future, and we are starting to work on that this year with their school representatives. It was also agreed that we would try to get more buy-in from the member societies.
    • Jason announced that Paul Grant, PSEC Mentor Night Coordinator, is in communication with UW-Bothell about a possible Mentor Night event.
    • Joe Souther, PSEC Mentor Night Coordinator, announced the SPU Mentor Night set for Tuesday, October 27.
    • Joe Souther also offered to contact Seattle University about hosting a Mentor Night this year.
  9. Events Calendar for 2015-2016: Sam Gheesling (ASME)
    • Tentative dates were identified for the remaining mentor nights, the ISOW and the other PSEC events.
    • Focal persons were identified for all the events. The focal for each event is responsible for finalizing the date and reporting the date at the first available Council meeting.
  10. Open Discussion: All
    • None
  11. Action Items from Previous and this Meeting Review: All
    • No action items from the previous meeting

Action Items

Please review the list below for items with your name and report progress at the next Council meeting.

  • Bring brochures to next meeting [Luis]
  • Add Last year’s actuals to budget [Chris/Dave]
  • Create Societies Page [Jason/Stan]
  • Embed Calendar into Events Calendar [Stan]
  • Put holidays on calendar [Stan]
  • Fill out Awards Committee [John]
  • Finalize dates for PSEC events
    • UW-Bothell Mentor Night [Paul]
    • Seattle University Mentor Night [Joe]
    • UW Mentor Night/Exploration Night [Steve]
    • YEPPS Event [Carmen]
    • Seattle College Mentor Night [Luis]
    • North Seattle College Mentor Night [Jason]
    • AmCon, Bellevue [Art]
    • Highline College Mentor Night [Luis]
    • Everett College Mentor Night [Steve]
    • Bellevue College Mentor Night [Dave]
    • ISOW [Dave/Carmen]
  • Add Razzis for meetings till June [Sam]

Submitted by: Stan Dyck

  1. Stan Dyck says:

    Updates per Steve Snelling added.

  2. Stan Dyck says:

    Updates per Jason Salazar added.

Leave a Reply