Yes it’s summer and the PSEC is in repose, but that doesn’t mean your webmaster is. I have made a few changes to the site. The major update is that we have added a Awards page to display all the latest award recipients from this year’s banquet. Let me know what you think.
- I’ve been looking into calendar displays. I posted an example that pulls from the PSEC calendar that you should look at.
- I made some site software upgrades to some of the plugins and a minor update to the WordPress software. I’ve seen no issues so far but let me know if you see any problems.
- I modified the templates on the site so that each post and page shows the publish date and the post author at the top of the page just below the title. You should be able to see that at the top of the page here.
- Created a Needs Fixing category. I’m using this to flag posts or pages that have display issues like dead links or bad image links. If you have editor rights you can help me out by investigating. I will get to them eventually if you don’t.
- I’ve re-enabled Self-Registration.
July and August won’t leave me with a lot of time for updates, but when I get the time here are some items on the Todo list:
- Create a List Category template. If you look at, for example the Latest Posts section on the Home page you’ll see a list of boxes showing the most recently added material on the site. I think the display there is kind of boring so I’m looking to spiff it up a bit.
- Navigator modifications. The navigator is the set of links on the left that allow you to move between sections of the site. I’m not too satisfied with the arrangement of that thing and it isn’t not very easy to modify at the moment. I’ll need to do some programming to change that.
- I’ll be keeping an eye on the spam protection I’ve installed to see if it is working.